I've seen the question come up on many wedding forums: when should I hire my celebrant? It's a good question to be thinking about since without a celebrant you really can't have a legal wedding. Here are my thoughts on when you should hire your wedding celebrant.
- Before you can hire your celebrant you'll need to know your wedding date.
- It would also be a good idea to have a wedding venue confirmed, that way your celebrant can calculate any travel fees that might applicable.
- I would suggest you book your celebrant as far in advance as possible since many of book up quickly. Many couples book me up to a year and a half in advance.
- I also suggest hiring your wedding celebrant well in advance of the wedding (at least six months) if you're having them create a customized ceremony. This planning process takes time and you don't want to rush it.
- Yet another reason to hire your celebrant at least six months before the wedding is it gets you to start thinking about what kind of ceremony you want. The ceremony sets the tone for the whole wedding day and it's good to know what feeling you want for your ceremony before planning all the other elements of your wedding.
- And the last reason to hire your wedding celebrant as far in advance as you can is it sometimes takes a while to find the right one. If you're hiring a professional celebrant you want to give yourself plenty of time to find the perfect match. (Read more about finding the right celebrant)
This of course is the ideal, and I've had many couples hire me a few months before their wedding and it's worked out just fine. If you have the luxury of time, then use it, if not, do the best you can. Feel free to get in touch if you're ready to get started!